- Identify and take steps to resolve persistent Sad Kate error messages regarding stale browser data cache:
- Chrome, IE, and other Web Browsers
- Attempt to replicate error in Chrome, Edge, and Internet Explorer. Take screenshots of any Sad Kate errors that appear and document steps taken beforehand that resulted in error(s).
- If you cannot replicate the error in any browser, request screenshot of the error from the user. Ensure that the user captures entire web address bar in the screenshot.
- Check screenshot for the following environmental indicators: multiple PolicyStat browser tabs open, multiple browsers open (i.e. using Chrome and Edge, IE, or Firefox at the same time)
- If screenshot doesn't show these indicators, ask requester if they have PS open in multiple browser tabs or use more than 1 browser at once. PS is not currently designed to perform optimally in multiple tabs. Do not share this with requester, but record in internal note on ticket if they use PS in more than 2 tabs at once.
- Ask for screenshot of requester's current General settings for Chrome. See this example:
The 2 settings highlighted above were found to contribute to persistent Sad Kate errors in the large-client ticket, due to possible CSRF token mismatch.
- Instruct requester to disable Preload pages for faster browsing and searching. This will reduce the likelihood of CSRF token mismatch.
- Instruct requester to allow PS to place cookies in their browser by adding [*.]policystat.com in their Chrome Privacy and Security settings: