- A new policy was created instead of revisions being made to an existing policy.
To correct that situation we recommend you start a new version of the correct policy that would then go through the approval process.
It can be helpful to have the two documents side by side to complete the following steps.
- As a site administrator, go to the incorrect document and do an override.
- Click the Source button on the toolbar and copy all the text in the Source window to your clipboard. You will paste this content in a later step (step 6) into a new draft.
- Open the active document version and click Edit.
- In a separate browser window go to the draft you started and click the Source button.
You are going to now migrate the text from the incorrectly created document over to become a new draft version of the correct active document.
- Highlight all the text on the Source window and delete it.
- Paste in the text from your clipboard and click OK.
- Be sure the content is saved.
- You now have the new draft started that can go through approval.
- What to do with the incorrectly created document?
OPTION 1: You can now retire the document you do not want to keep if it was active. We recommend adding the ID number of the correct document to the comment when retiring.
OPTION 2: If the document is pending approval or in draft it can be deleted.