- Create a new policy by uploading an existing Word document
Creating policies by uploading a Microsoft Word documents is not considered best practice and the PolicyStat Editor should always be used instead. Learn how to disable this option on your site in this article.
Due to conversion differences in how documents are created in Word, copy/pasting content section by section into a new or existing PolicyStat draft is often the more effective way to bring a Word document in as a new draft. This is especially true if you need to have the content formatted into a PolicyStat template so the headers are created correctly and the content will uniformly match the rest of the documents in your PolicyStat site.
To upload a Word document rather than copy/pasting the content follow these instructions.
- Start from the Home tab on your PolicyStat site.
- Click Upload button under the Policy Management section (far right column).
- On the following page, click Browse to locate and select the Word document.
- Documents for upload must be Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format.
- Select the file and click Open.
- Click Create from upload to convert and import the document into the PolicyStat Editor.