- To set Gmail as the default app on your computer so policies can be sent.
If you are unable to change settings, this is usually due to permissions and your local IT will need to assist.
- Navigate to your computer settings.
- Select Apps.
- Choose Default Apps.
- Under Email, choose Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome Browser and click More Settings.
- At the bottom of the page, click Advanced.
- In the Privacy and security section, click the Right arrow next to Site Settings.
- Towards the bottom, click the Right arrow next to Handlers.
- Turn on Allow sites to ask to become default handlers for protocols (recommended).
- Open Gmail in your Chrome Browser.
- In your browser’s address bar, click Service handler .
- Click AllowDone.