- Extract zipped files from a PDF back up
- Your local file explorer
Depending on your local system settings and operating system, you may require additional software to extract a zipped file.
Extracting Files From a Zip File
- Right click on the .zip file
- Click Extract All... from the menu
- Click Browse... to choose a location for extraction
- Click the Extract button.
- The PDF files can be opened directly from the extracted location.
Files Won't Open?
After the zipped folder has been downloaded, you may encounter an error message preventing the file from being extracted and opened. This results from a limitation by Microsoft related to the name of the file and file path (e.g. - C:\Documents\MyFolder...) length. Microsoft Windows limits the number of characters in the name of the file and file path to a maximum of 260 characters.
To resolve the issue without modifying names, download a third party file archiver software. PolicyStat recommends downloading the free software 7-Zip to extract the files. Please consult your local IT department if administrator permissions are required to download software.