- Merge duplicate user accounts into one
Merge users if two accounts were accidentally created for the same person. Merging affects ALL historical actions, so it would be as if the old account never existed.
- Click the Admin tab in the header row anywhere in PolicyStat.
- Locate and click Users from the Site Data list.
- Click the Deactivate link at the end of the table for the "old" user (Careful -- this action is not reversible!).
- Click the Deactivate User button.
- If the user has responsibilities it will take you the window on step 6. If the user has no responsibilities you will need to click the Inactive Users button, then search and locate the user. Click Transfer Responsibilities, then follow the steps below.
- Click the merge duplicate accounts link.
- Enter the name of the user to merge with.
- Click the Merge Users button.
Merging could take a minute or two so please be patient. When done you will see a banner notifying that it is complete.