- To insert a hyperlink into a policy that links to a local file
- PolicyStat Editor
Nearly all browsers prevent opening a link to a local file from a web page for security reasons. It is still possible to use this feature, but note that clicking the hyperlink may not function as expected.
Linking to a local drive when using IE11 requires making your PolicyStat site a Trusted Site. See this article for more on adding Trusted Sites.
If your browser prevents opening the link, it is still possible to Right-click the hyperlink, copy the link address, and paste it into your browser's address bar.
Some path address examples are listed below though not all inclusive of what may be needed.
Contact your local IT support or your webmaster to get further direction and assistance on what the path address needs to be.
- Click the Link button on the toolbar.
- Edit the Display Text (optional).
- Change the Protocol to <other>.
- Enter your file path in the URL entry box
- Click OK