- To insert a hyperlink into a policy that links to a local file
- PolicyStat Editor
Nearly all browsers prevent opening a link to a local file from a web page for security reasons. It is still possible to use this feature, but note that clicking the hyperlink may not function as expected.
Linking to a local drive when using IE11 requires making your PolicyStat site a Trusted Site. See this article for more on adding Trusted Sites.
If your browser prevents opening the link, it is still possible to Right-click the hyperlink, copy the link address, and paste it into your browser's address bar.
- Click the Link button on the toolbar.
- Edit the Display Text (optional).
- Change the Protocol to <other>.
- Enter your file path in the URL entry box
- Click OK