- Link to an attachment from within the the text of a document.
- PolicyStat Editor
To make accessing a referenced attachment in a document more convenient, a link to download the attachment can be added within the body of document in addition to the link in the attachments section.
Insert Hyperlink to an Attachment
- Upload the file as an attachment or if it is already attached go to step 2.
- Right click with your mouse on the link that will download the file under the attachments section and select Copy Web Address.
- Paste the link into the document or select and highlight the text that will be made into the hyperlink.
- Click the Link button in the PolicyStat Editor toolbar.
- A pop-up window appears. Add text in the the Display Text field to be more user friendly such as the name of the attachment.
- Paste the URL you copied into the URL field.
- Click OK.
- The text with a link should appear blue and underlined in the document.
- Verify the link works. Scroll to the bottom of the draft and click the Preview button.
- In the Preview window, click the link to ensure it downloads the appropriate attachment.
- If the link downloaded the appropriate file, you are all done!