- Link to an attachment from within the text of a document.
- PolicyStat Editor
To make accessing a referenced attachment in a document more convenient, a link to download the attachment can be added within the body of the document in addition to the link in the attachments section.
If the attachment is removed the link must be removed from the document content. If the link is not removed the attachment will get recreated and reattached to the document.
Insert Hyperlink to an Attachment
- Upload the file as an attachment or if it is already attached go to step 2.
- Right-click with your mouse on the link that will download the file under the attachments section and select Copy Web Address.
- Paste the link into the document or select and highlight the text that will be made into the hyperlink.
- Click the Link button in the PolicyStat Editor toolbar.
- A pop-up window appears. Add text in the Display Text field to be more user-friendly such as the name of the attachment.
- Paste the URL you copied into the URL field.
- Click OK.
- The text with a link should appear blue and underlined in the document.
- Verify the link works. Scroll to the bottom of the draft and click the Preview button.
- In the Preview window, click the link to ensure it downloads the appropriate attachment.
- If the link downloaded the appropriate file, you are all done!