- Change the workflow associated with a policy
A few quick items to note:
- Owners, Approvers, Area Editors, Area Managers, and Site Administrators can modify properties.
- Modifying Properties requires a restart of the Approval Workflow.
- Site Administrators can modify this or other properties without restarting the workflow via an Administrative Override or a Bulk Admin Override but the change will not fully take effect until the workflow is restarted.
- Changing a workflow through an override will not allow a newly selected workflow to take effect until the workflow is restarted. If a workflow needs to be changed to a different one, rather than doing an override, select Edit, change the workflow and then restart the approval process.
- If the actual approver members need to be changed in a workflow, that has to be done by a site administrator under the Admin tab >> Approval Workflows (Edit an Approval Workflow). Changes are pushed out to all Pending documents by default.
- Click the Edit button from the blue bar of an Active or Pending version to open the Draft version of a policy.
- Select Policy Properties from the Draft view.
- Select the desired Approval Workflow from the dropdown menu
- Provide a Summary of the Changes (1) and Start/Restart the Approval process (2).
What happens after the workflow is changed?
When the Approval Process is restarted, the policy will progress through the newly assigned workflow and not the previous one. The assignment will be retracted.