- A new medical director or other individual has joined the organization and needs to review and approve all lab policies.
- As a PolicyStat site administrator, update the appropriate workflow with the needed person (such as a new lab medical director) under Admin >> Approval Workflow. To avoid having to have all approvers re-approve, you could temporarily modify the workflow to just include the new medical director as an approver and push the change out to all documents. Be sure to note who the approvers are you removed as you will likely want to add them into the workflow again later.
- Use the Bulk Admin Override tool to change the expiration date in bulk where needed: Update Expiration (next review) Period in Bulk.
This allows the needed documents to appear under Due for Review on your homepage so they can be bulk started into approval. Documents started into approval this way have no changes so they can be approved in bulk.
- For Rapid Approval - Create a one-step approval workflow with the medical director as the only approver. Using the same Bulk Admin Override tool assign that workflow to all the needed documents.
- Start the Approval Process in Bulk (click the link for the steps)
This will move the documents to the assignment queue for the new medical director if using the rapid workflow and the assignments will immediately appear on the medical director's homepage.
- Individual emails will be sent to for each assignment so you may want to temporarily disable email notifications to avoid so many emails. To temporarily turn off the emails go to Admin tab >> Implementation Dashboard >> Notifications (in the upper right corner) and select Disable. Be sure to turn on the notifications again later.
- The medical director can then Mark their Approval in Bulk (click the link for the steps).
- Once the approvals are completed, the Bulk Admin Override can be used again to update the next review date as needed.
If you changed the workflow to an abbreviated one (such as with just a medical director to approve) be sure to change the workflow to the correct one.
- Be sure you turned back on the Email Notifications.
As a job aid, send the medical director this article if they need to know how to bulk approve: