- See the changes made between one version of a policy and another when the show changes feature will not display them due to large changes.
- Use Microsoft Word to compare two documents.
- Microsoft Word
The Show Changes tab may constantly indicate "Changes Loading" and never resolve it the tab may have a button displaying "Show Policy At Start" and when selected the button will display "Show Policy At End". If any of these circumstances occur it will be necessary to use the Microsoft Word Compare feature to display the changes.
The follow instructions are using the Microsoft Word Compare function to compare an PolicyStat active version to a pending version.
- Save each version of the policy as a separate Microsoft Word.
- Open the two documents to be compared using MS Word.
- Click the Review tab in the Word Ribbon.
- Click the Compare drop-down button in the Compare button group.
- Select the Compare… command from the drop-down menu to open the Compare Documents dialog box.
- Select the name of the original document from the Original document drop-down menu.
- If you forgot to open the original document before opening the Compare Documents dialog box, select the document by either clicking the Open button at the right end of the drop-down menu or by selecting the Browse… command from the drop-down menu.
- Then, in the Open dialog box that appears, find and open the original document.
- Use the Revised document drop-down to select the name of the revised copy of the document from the drop-down menu.
- You can also use the Open button or the Browse… command with the Revised document drop-down, if you forgot to open the revised document before opening the Compare Documents dialog box.
- Under the “Revised document” drop-down, enter the name with which to label changes in the resultant legal blackline document into the Label changes with text box, if needed.
- To show all the options for comparing documents at the bottom of the dialog box, click the More >> button.
- Any changes you make are saved as the new default settings in the future.
- To set the options and hide them again, click the << Less button.
- When finished, click the OK button.
- The original document and revised document appear at the right side of the screen.
- The compared document appears in the center of the screen.
- Any revisions appear in the Revisions pane at the left side of the screen.