- Review the process for how to create a stub policy
Some files are not independent policies, but also are not associated with a parent document. In PolicyStat, these files can become stand-alone attachments called "stub" policies. For example, Excel forms or log sheets, form letters or memos in Word or PDF format, PowerPoint presentations, etc. would be considered stub policies.
When a user clicks a stub policy, the content of the policy reads simply: “Please see the attached file.”
- From the Home tab, click New Policy
- Fill in a title for the stub policy
- Below the Attached Files and & Embedded Images section, select your file and attach it.
- In the Policy Body section, type “Please see the attached file” or similar messaging in the content.
- From the Policy Properties tab, select the Owner, Area, and Approval Workflow.
- Click Start Approval Process.
- Once the policy completes the process, the stub will be active and visible for all users.
This article applies to the following user roles: