- To understand how to retire a policy
- To understand how to retire policies in bulk
As a part of the Approval Workflow process, when a new version of a policy completes the approval process, the previous version moves to an archive.
In some instances, it may be preferable for an Owner to retire the previous policy rather than update.
How to Retire a Policy (Single)
- Open a policy to be retired.
- Locate the retire option in the blue bar at the top right.
If this link is not visible, the Site Administrator may have removed the ability to retire or the account being used may not have appropriate permissions to retire.
- After clicking the Retire link, a prompt will ask for a summary of changes. In other words, describe the rationale for retiring this policy (1).
- When completed with the summary of changes, click the Retire Policy button (2).
How to Retire Policies In Bulk
Site Administrators have the ability to retire policies in bulk using the Bulk Admin Override interface.
- Click the Admin tab to view the Administrator Menu.
- Locate the Bulk Admin Override link from the Site Data list.
- Locate the polic(ies) to be retired. If necessary, use the search box (1) and/or Owner (2), Area (3)m or Reference Tag (4) filters to narrow your search.
- Check the box at the top of the table (5) to select all displayed policies or the boxes prior to each policy title (6) to select on a one by one basis.
- Provide a Summary of the Changes. In other words, describe the rationale for retiring this policy (7).
- Click the Retire button (8).
How to Restore a Retired Policy (Site Admins)
If a policy was accidentally retired, policies can be restored via the Retired Policies report by a Site Administrator. For more information, see this article.
This article applies to the following user roles: