- To understand how to remove the retire button for document owners
By default, Document Owners are able to retire a policy. If it is preferred that Document Owners should not have this ability, Site Administrators can remove the ability using the steps outlined here.
Note: For systems, the "Allow owners to retire documents?" option must be checked on all sites in an Applicability Group in order for the retire option to work for Owners of documents in that Applicability Group.
- To remove the retire button for Document Owners, click the Admin tab to view the Administrator Menu.
- Click Policy Layout from the Configuration menu.
- Click the Header Fields tab.
- Locate and click the Allow owners to retire policies? checkbox from the Properties menu.
- Click Save Changes.
This article applies to the following user roles: