- Insert an image into a policy
- PolicyStat Editor
Some policies require images to display charts, diagrams, procedures, and other graphics. Images can first be added as attachments to the policy, then inserted at the desired location within the content. Alternatively, if an image is already available online (e.g. - has a web address where it can be viewed over the Internet), it can be inserted within the content.
Why is an image an attachment?
Building a policy on PolicyStat is creating a basic web page. For graphics to appear on a web page, they first need to be stored on an Internet server, just as is true for a PDF, spreadsheet, form, or any other attachment.
What are the requirements for image files?
PolicyStat supports uploading images using the .png, .gif, and .jpg formats.
How can I insert an image within a list?
Use a Soft Line Break (Shift+Enter) to create a line of space in the list where the image can be inserted.
Can I insert an image within table?
Yes, create the table and place your cursor in the cell where the image will be inserted.
What if the image already exists online?
Click here to jump to the location in the tutorial focused on posting with a URL.
Can I remove an image once it is inserted in a document?
All images must stay under the attachments list. If you remove one but leave the image in the document, the image will keep appearing for a time and sometimes for a long time but eventually, it will fail to display.
Insert Images (02:16)
Upload and Insert An Image
- To upload an attachment to a policy, click the Edit link in the bar on the top right of the policy.
- Locate the Attachments area on the Policy Content tab. Begin by either adding an Attachment Title (1) or Browse (2) to locate the image file for attachment. When ready to upload, click Upload attachment (3).
- Once the file is uploaded and attached, place the cursor where the image should be placed within the content of the document.
- Return to the top of the document and click the Insert Image button next to the attachment name.
- The image is now a part of the policy.
Insert an Online Image
- If an image is available online (e.g. - has a web address where it can be viewed over the Internet), copy the URL (web address).
- Click the Image button in the editor toolbar.
- In the pop-up window, paste the URL inside the corresponding box (1). Click OK (2) to complete the process and paste the image.
- Review the pasted image.
- Make adjustments to the image's properties by highlighting the image (click to select it) then click the Image button in the toolbar to bring up the Image Properties window.
This article applies to the following user roles: