Tables are a fundamental part of many policies to help organize and present information in a visually appealing manner.
This short, interactive tutorial covers the following topics related to tables:
NOTE: Click each topic to jump to the specific location in the tutorial
- Inserting a new table
- Formatting header rows and columns
- Adding and removing rows and columns
- Merging adjacent cells
- Splitting cells
- Deleting tables
For advanced table and cell properties, see this article.
Insert, Format, and Delete a Table (03:42)
Inserting a Table in the PolicyStat Editor
- To insert a table to a policy, click the Edit link in the bar on the top right of the policy.
- Place the cursor in the Editor window before where the table should go.
- Click the Table icon in the formatting bar on top of the Editor window.
- In the popup window, determine the appropriate table proerties:
- Rows and Columns: Assigning the initial number of rows and columns.
- Headers: Assigning the first row, first column, or both with a bold header font and settings.
- Caption: The title to appear above the heading.
- Summary: While no visual elements are displayed on the screen, the summary is used to assist individuals using screen readers to understand the table content.
- Click OK (5) to create the table with the desired settings.
- The table is created in the Editor and ready for content to be entered.
Inserting or Deleting Rows or Columns from a Table
To add cells, rows, or columns, select a cell and use the right-click menu.
PLEASE NOTE: The graphic below shows inserting and deleting rows, but the menu is the same for cells and columns.
Deleting a Table
To delete a table, right click on a cell and click Delete Table.
Other Right-Click Menu Cell Functions
Other functions available from the right-click cell menu include:
- Inserting new or deleting existing cells
- Merging cells
- Splitting cells horizontally or vertically
- Defining cell properties
This article applies to the following user roles: