- To understand how to share a single policy with someone who does not have a PolicyStat account.
- To understand the difference between a Read-only link and a Guest Access link.
Owners, Approvers, Area Editors, Area Managers, or Site Administrators all have the ability to generate a Read-only Policy Sharing Link to share a policy they own (or oversee). The Read-only link provides access for guest users to view the policy content but does not grant Read-only access to search the remainder of the PolicyStat site. If needed, Site Administrators can provide search access via a Guest Access link. For more on Guest Access links, see this article.
Read-only sharing links can be deleted at any time. Multiple links can also be generated if needed for multiple sources.
Read-only links do not need to be generated for each new Active version of the policy. They will always route to the most current Active version.
To review this simple process, check out the interactive tutorial below.
Read-Only Sharing Links (01:04)
Read-Only Sharing vs. Guest Access
A Guest Access Link and a Read-Only Sharing Access link both provide an end user the ability to view the content of a policy. The primary difference is that a Guest Access link provides the user to be able to search for and view policies across PolicyStat (Figure 1).
With a Read-Only Sharing link, the end user is limited to only the policy content. They do not have the ability to search for and explore any other policy's content else on the PolicyStat site.
For more information about how to create a Guest Access link, see this article.
- Locate the Read-only Policy Sharing area at the bottom of the policy.
- Click the Manage Share Links button.
- In the pop-up, enter a description of the link (e.g. - Clients, Internal, etc.)
- Click the Create Link button
- Click the Copy to Clipboard icon at the end of the newly generated link
- Paste the link in an email or anywhere else it is desired
- When the link is no longer needed, or needs to be removed for any reason, click the link twice to remove it.
First click | Second click
- To generate a second link, click the Create Link button again.
This article applies to the following user roles: