- Prevent Microsoft Word from stripping security tokens from links.
- Microsoft Word
At times a PolicyStat document may need to be referenced and hyperlinked in an MS Word document that is outside PolicyStat or is attached to a PolicyStat document. Many times MS word will strip certain characteristics, making the link invalid. A way to avoid this is to convert the document to a PDF and the hyperlink will not be changed when clicked.
- Click Tools | Options (in Word 2007, Office Button | Word Options; in Word 2010/2013, File | Options).
- On the General tab, click the Web Options button (in Word 2007 and above, this button is at the very bottom of the Advanced section of Word Options).
- In the Web Options window, click the Files tab.
- Clear the check box for “Update links on save.”
- Click OK to save your preferences.