When a policy is due for review or enters an Approval Workflow, changes are made through the Edit feature.
Editing a policy creates a new draft where an user with Edit permissions can modify both policy content and policy properties (e.g. Policy Owner, review dates, etc.). All historical versions of the policy are saved automatically and can be reviewed at any time by clicking the All Versions link.
Edit an Existing Policy (03:00)
Editing an Existing Policy
- To make an edit to a policy, click the Edit link in the bar on the top right of the policy.
- Make edits and adjustments as needed to the policy. This can include changes to the content or the policy's properties. If desired, export the policy to Microsoft Word and replace the content when edits are complete. For more on the process, view the article here.
- Once the edits have been completed, provide details in the Summary of the Changes (1) text box to describe the changes. This will become a part of the policy's history but also serves as a quick reference for Auditors during a review.
- When satisfied with the edits, click Start Approval Workflow (2) to start the Approval Workflow process. When the final Approver provides their approval, the policy becomes active in PolicyStat.
- If you are the first Approver in the Workflow, you will see a checkbox applied to mark your approval. If you would prefer to not mark approval just yet, be sure to de-select the checkbox.
This article applies to the following user roles: