- Place a table within an ordered list.
When creating a numbered list, a table may need to be inserted into to add emphasis or details to a list item. Continuing the list after the table requires continuing the list first, then inserting the table.
- Create an ordered list with at least two items.
- Place cursor at the end of the list item preceding where the paragraph should be inserted.
- Press the Shift and Enter keys simultaneously on your keyboard. This creates a soft return which does not continue the ordered list.
- Click the table button from the Editor toolbar.
- Inside the pop-up window, apply the appropriate Row and Column settings for the desired table and click Submit.
- Continue work on the list or enter content to the table as desired.
Moving a Table into a List
- If a table already exists and it needs to be part of a list, create a blank line for the table to be placed in as described above by pressing the Shift and Enter keys simultaneously on your keyboard at the end of the list where the table needs to be placed.
- Select/highlight all the cells in the table by left clicking and dragging through it with the mouse.
- Drag the entire table to the needed location by left clicking and holding on the selected area and drop it (release mouse button) where a line was created for the table to be placed.
- Delete the empty table that was left behind by right clicking on it with the mouse and selecting Delete Table.