- To understand the Policies Due for Review report
The Policies Due for Review report is a list of policies you own (or policies related to an Area / department you manage) that are nearing their scheduled review date.
WHY DO I SEE THIS REPORT?
As the designated Owner of these policies, you are responsible for reviewing the content for each policy. You will need to make any necessary edits or modifications deemed necessary, and then pend the policy for approval through the Approval Workflow.
If you are not the assigned owner of a policy or policies displayed in the report, you may have Area Manager permissions. Policies within the Area you manage will be listed to keep you aware but may not require action specifically on your part if another owner is listed.
NOTE: Once a document has been started into the approval process and is in Pending status it will no longer appear on the homepage Due for Review section but it will still appear on the Due for Review CSV downloaded report.
WHAT DOES THE REPORT MEAN?
The quick view of the report displays the top five policies (1) but to view additional the full list of policies that are due for (2), click the report title (3).
The top five policies in the quick view are either the closest to date or furthest past their review date. Ideally, these policies will draw your attention and ensure action is taken first.
Once a documetn
WHO RECEIVES THIS REPORT?
Owners, Area Managers and Site Administrators are emailed this report when policies are 90 days (by default) away from their next review date (also called expiration date or due date). Policies appear on a user's dashboard immediately when they are 90 days from their review date.
HOW DO I MAKE CHANGES, THEN START THE REVIEW?
Modifying a policy requires creating a new draft while simply starting the review process allows the document to be edited while the current version remains active and searchable until the workflow completes. The draft/pending version will only be accessible to those with permission to view it.
- To open a policy due for review from the Home Tab Quick View menu, simply click the title.
- This opens the policy in an Edit view, and changes can be made to any properties or content. For more assistance on using the Editor, see this section.
- When the changes are completed, scroll to the bottom of the policy. Provide a summary of the changes (1) made (NOTE: This becomes part of the historical record for the policy), and click Start Approval Process (2).
WHAT IF NO CHANGES ARE NEEDED? HOW DO I START THE REVIEW?
- Open the policy in Edit view by clicking the title from the Quick View menu.
- Scroll to the bottom and enter feedback describing why no changes were required (1) (NOTE: This becomes part of the historical record for the policy). Click Start Approval Process (2).
This article applies to the following user roles: