- To understand how to download a CSV report
- To understand how to download a list of active policies
- To understand how to filter downloaded reports
- Microsoft Excel
While Site Administrators have greater access to reporting functions, any PolicyStat user can generate a CSV report detailing the content that is currently visible on the screen.
CSV reports can be easily opened using Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet programs.
Generate a CSV Report (01:43)
- To generate a report, look for and click the CSV (comma separated values file) icon or look for the Download CSV link.
To download an index of active policies go to the Area tab and locate the above link or icon.
- When the report has generated, click the Download Here link.
- Save the file to your computer and open with the program of your choice. The default program to open CSV files is Microsoft Excel.
Adjusting Column Width
The initial output of the CSV report often appears tight and difficult to read. To adjust the column widths to fit the width of the longest entry in a column, double click the dividing line between any two columns.
The resulting output will result in a significantly easier to read spreadsheet.
Filtering Report Content
Spreadsheets carry the capability to filter data to highlight and analyze the information you need and hide the information you don't.
- Select the cells to be filtered.
- On the top menu area, select the Data tab (1) and the Filter icon (2).
- At the right of each column header, a drop-down arrow will appear that provides filtering settings.
This article applies to the following user roles: