- To understand how to delete a pending policy
A policy may need to be deleted while pending for approval. For example, two duplicate drafts of a policy may have been pended for approval simultaneously, when only one is needed.
If the Approval Workflow was started on accident, a Site Administrator can delete the pending version of the policy while still maintaining the Active version of the policy.
Like completing an override, deleting a pending policy is a function available for Site Administrators only.
- A reminder that deleting a policy is not reversible, and the policy is permanently removed from the PolicyStat site.
- If a draft version exists it will be deleted immediately when the pending version is deleted.
- If there is an active version of the policy being deleted it will not be affected when deleting the pending version.
Deleting a Pending Policy (00:48)
- Ensure the version in question is the Pending version.
The Pending status can often be identified by markers such as:
- Approval Workflow
- Approve Policy link
- Current Status: Pending
- Click the Delete link on the blue toolbar at the top of the policy.
- On the subsequent screen, provide an explanation (1) as to why the policy is being deleted, then click the Delete this version button (2). A reminder that this action is permanent and cannot be undone.
This article applies to the following user roles: