- To understand the summary of changes / revised policy report
One of the first things a surveyor/auditor asks for when they come on site is a list of all documents that have been modified or removed, along with the reason for the change.
This information can be gathered quickly from a single PolicyStat report.
Required Summary of Changes
Whenever a user with access to the Editor (Owner, Approver, Area Owner, Area Editor, Area Manager, Site Administrator) modifies a document in a way that a surveyor would care about, they are required to leave a comment describing why they took that action.
Modifications that require a summary of changes include:
- The title
- The content
- The category
- The restricted status
- Modifications of dates
- The Approval process
NOTE: A summary of the changes must be at least 8 characters long.
These summary of changes for each are then displayed (along with details about who made the comment and when) within the Revised Documents Report.
- Click the Admin tab
- Under the Reports column, click Revised Policies.
- If needed, filter by Area (1) or date since revision (2). Alternatively, click Find Revised Policies without any filters to view all applicable policies.
- The summary of changes displays within the content.
- This report can be easily exported to a CSV file (opens in Microsoft Excel), printed, and provided to the surveyor (or other required parties).
This article applies to the following user roles: