- To understand how to add Reference Tags to a policy / document.
Reference Tags are terms, numbers, phrases or any other representation to categorize and group similar documents for searching and reference through the PolicyStat search tool.
Reference Tags are the default term for what could also be called service lines, regulatory, or any phrases to describe the grouping of documents or policies. Tags are applied inside the Policy Properties menu, which is a part of a draft version of a policy.
- With the policy open, click the Edit link from the blue bar.
Site Administrators can complete this action via an Override by clicking the Override link on the blue bar.
- With the Editor open, switch to the Properties tab.
- Locate the section titled References*. If tags already exist, start typing to apply those that already exist. If not, type the new tags in this box.
- Once the tags have been applied, provide a summary of the changes (1) then click Start Approval Process (2). If the tags are applied while the policy is currently pending through an Approval Workflow, the button may say Restart Approval Process.
- Once the policy completes the Workflow, the tags will be applied.
Reference Tags Disclaimers:
- Users with edit permissions (Owner, Approver, Area Editor, Area Manager, Site Administrator) can add or apply reference tags.
- Creating new or applying existing tags are applied on the draft version of a policy. Drafts can be created from an Active or Pending version.
- Adding reference tags modifies a policy's properties. For the change to take effect, it requires:
- There is a 50 character limit to any tags
*This term may vary based on local site settings and preferences