- Upload an attachment
- To attach a file to a policy
- PolicyStat Editor
Files such as PDFs, images, PowerPoints, spreadsheets, or other similar files can be attached to policies in PolicyStat. Once attached, these files will reside at the bottom of the policy for users to click and view.
Did you know? PolicyStat treats (most) images as attachments. To find out how to attach and insert an image to a policy, see this article.
Attachment Naming Scheme
If uploading multiple attachments, it may be helpful to list them in a particular order. A consistent naming scheme will help attachments appear in the correct order. To do this, you may want to use an A, B, C or 1, 2, 3 at the beginning of the attachment title as the attachments automatically are sorted alphabetically and/or in numerical order.
Attachment File Limitations
- Any file type can be added as an attachment, but individual file sizes are limited to 20 MB each.
- There are no limits to the number of files added to a policy as attachments.
Note: Adding a large amount of attachments can result in a Timeout error.
- To upload an attachment to a policy, click the Edit link in the bar on the top right of the policy.
- Locate the Attachments area on the Policy Content tab. Begin by either adding an Attachment Title (1) or Browse (2) to locate the file for attachment.
- When ready to upload, click Upload attachment (3).
Renaming or Replacing Attachments
For more on how to rename or replace existing attachments, see this article.
This article applies to the following user roles: