- Create an approval workflow
- Click the Admin tab to view the Administrator Menu.
- Locate Approval Workflows under the Site Data column.
- Click the Create New Approval Workflow button on the top right of the screen.
- From the Create Approval Workflow screen, complete the following:
- Name the Workflow (1). If applicable designate the proper Applicability group (2).
- Add Approvers by entering names or user groups (4).
- By default, the Require Owner Approval checkbox (5) is checked. This sets the user designated as the Owner of the policy be listed as an Approver on this step. To remove this user approval, simply uncheck the box.
STEP DESCRIPTION (3)
Step Descriptions are reminders to help clarify the purpose of the step.
For example, if the approval of a committee is required, members of the committee can approve without being required to sign in and register their approval. One (or more) user(s) can be designated as the responsible party for providing a copy of the policy to the committee and submit approval on their behalf.
In the following example, Cameron Davis would take the policy to the Cardiology Committee for their approval and mark the policy as approved (or rejected) on their behalf.
In other cases, it may prove helpful to have a title representing a specific user role, such as Medical Director. This can serve as a reminder that whomever is serving the role in question should be the noted approver.
In the following example, Josh Doane is the Medical Director. If Josh leaves the role, but still retains responsibilities within PolicyStat, it can be a quick reminder that the Workflow would need to change.
Additional examples for possible Step Descriptions are also shown below:
- Click to add additional steps if needed (6)
- When all steps have been added, click Create Flow (7).
This article applies to the following user roles: