- To understand how to rename a reference tag
- To understand why you may get an error message when renaming reference tags
Reference Tags are the default title for what can be terms, numbers, phrases or any other representation to categorize and group similar documents or policies for searching and reference through the PolicyStat search tool.
PLEASE NOTE:The term Reference Tag may differ for your location, but the concepts addressed here are universal.
Rename a Tag
- Click the Admin tab
- Click Reference Tag
- Locate the tag in question, and click the Rename link on the table.
- Modify the name as needed (1). Click Rename Reference Tag (2) when complete.
PLEASE NOTE:There is a 53 character limit for naming reference tags.
When attempting to name or reset the case of a Reference Tag, you may encounter an error message such as this:
Currently, all PolicyStat client sites share a common pool of Reference Tags. Therefore, if the same Reference Tag is used on another PolicyStat client site, only the original can be corrected for the case.
For example, if the Site 1 uses the tag coding and Site 2 wants to use the tag Coding, the tag for Site 2 would correct itself to coding. However, if Site 2 used Coding 1, Coding_, or other similar slight variations, the case would be allowed as the tag will be completely separate.
We do recognize the frustration this can cause. Our developers are aware of this as an issue and it is on their radar to be corrected. To add your vote to the Uservoice topic about this matter, please see this Uservoice ticket.
- To view the link, please pre-open UserVoice or you will receive an error message.
- Voting on UserVoice is only available to Site Administrators. For more information, see this article.
This article applies to the following user roles: