- To understand the software requirements of PolicyStat
- Device with internet access
PolicyStat, as a “software as a service” (SaaS) application, has very simple requirements for use. Essentially, only an internet connection and a relatively modern web browser are required. There are no browser plugins, word processors or other applications to buy, install or manage.
- A desktop, mobile phone, or tablet capable of running one of our supported browsers. Options include (but are not limited to):
- Mac OS X
- iOS (iPad, iPhone, etc)
- An internet connection.
- For viewing printer-friendly PDF versions of documents, a PDF viewer is required. Many free PDF readers are available and certain browsers have built-in PDF support.
- For users who need to edit documents, a monitor with a 1280x1024 resolution or higher is recommended.
Supported Web Browsers¶
Fully-supported web browsers include:
- Internet Explorer 11- The only version officially supported by Microsoft
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome- The latest stable version
- Mozilla Firefox- The latest Extended Support Release version and the latest major point release
- Apple Safari- The latest stable version
Because users want to do different things on their mobile devices compared to their desktop machine, we optimize support for searching, viewing, approving, collaborating and reporting on the following browsers:
- Mobile Safari- The latest version supported on the 3 most recent major versions of iOS
- Android browser- The latest version supported on the 3 most recent major (codenamed) versions of Android
- Chrome Browser for Android- The latest stable version
For bandwidth capacity planning, it is sometimes useful for IT to anticipate the requirements of a new application. PolicyStat is not a high-bandwidth service, with most single pages measuring <50kb on an empty cache and <5kb with a primed cache (the majority of accesses). Based on heavy usage by example current customers, future PolicyStat customers should expect to use:
40k kb per staffed bed, per day
For example, a 100 bed facility should expect to consume 4MB of bandwidth via PolicyStat each day.
Note: The PDF backup functionality (administrator-only) is much more bandwidth-intensive compared with other operations. It downloads a compressed PDF for each document in the backup set. If looking to minimize bandwidth usage, a facility can perform PDF backups during off hours.
Your firewall and network filtering must allow access as described in our Required Firewall Rules documentation.
For new customers, PolicyStat has the capability to import a wide range of documents in practically any standard format (.doc, .pdf, .rtf, etc.) for conversion by our team. PolicyStat also works with new customers using existing in-house or off the shelf solutions (MS SQL, Lotus Notes, Sharepoint etc) to import existing document content and data.