- Transfer responsibilities to another user
NOTE: If a user is leaving on a temporary basis (e.g. - medical leave, leave of absence, etc.) but will return, a proxy user can be assigned so the user's account will remain active. For more on how to assign a proxy user, see this article. For the proxy user's perspective on being a proxy, see this article.
If need to simply transfer responsibilities, a temporary deactivation will suffice. Complete the transfer, then restore/reactivate the account.
When transferring responsibilities the stand alone permissions do not get transferred unless they are tied to assigned actions such and ownership and approval workflow membership.
Responsibilities being updated are:
1. Authored Documents
2. Approval Signatures
3. In-process approval workflow step membership
4. Approval workflow template step membership
5. The indicator for who saved a draft
Drafts will transfer to My Drafts of the new user but the Owner name must be manually updated in the draft properties.
There are no email notifications sent when responsibilities are transferred.
NOTE: Transferring responsibilities will apply across sites so if you need a more custom solution to changes on specific workflows or regarding ownership, etc. you may want to consider making those changes individually before transferring a users remaining responsibilities using this feature.
Transferring responsibilities occurs between two different users when one user takes over responsibilities from another. The new user's name will replace the old user's name in all pending and active documents going forward. Old/archived versions owned by the old user and historical actions by the old user will still display the old user's name.
- Click the Admin tab in the header row anywhere in PolicyStat.
- Locate Users from the Site Data list.
- Click the Deactivate link at the end of the table for the "old" user (Careful -- this action is not reversible!).
- Click the Deactivate User button.
- Enter the name of the user who will take over the inactive user's responsibilities (1).
- Click the Transfer Responsibilities button (2).
This article applies to the following user roles: