- Capture a screenshot
- Add the screenshot to a policy
- PolicyStat Editor
Save the image to be inserted as a separate file
- Bring up the MS Word document or image you want to copy on your screen.
- Copy the image to the clipboard (Ctrl+C or right-click Copy with the mouse) or press Alt+Print Screen on your keyboard.
- Go to Start->Programs->Accessories->Paint
NOTE: For Windows 8.X, click Start, click the search icon, and then search for and open the program Paint.
- Paste the image into Paint by right-clicking and selecting Paste (Ctrl+V or right-click Paste with the mouse).
- Click the rectangle above the select button.
- Draw a border around the picture you want to select, and then click the Crop button.
- Click Save As and select ".png" or ".jpg" as the file type, and then save the file to your desktop or other easy to find location.
Attach and Insert the Image into a document from the PolicyStat Editor
- In the PolicyStat draft document in Edit mode, click the Browse button in the Attachments section at the top of the policy, and select the image file.
- Click Upload Attachment.
- Now browse to where you want to insert the image in the policy and place your cursor there.
- Scroll back up to the attachments section and click the Insert Image button.
- The image should appear where the cursor was located.
- After the document has been saved the image can be resized by clicking and dragging the small black box on the bottom right corner of the image. Image resizing is best done in Chrome, Edge or Firefox browsers.
NOTE: PolicyStat will automatically recognize an image file and provide the Insert Image button once the image file is attached in PolicyStat. If the file is not an image file, such as a PDF or other file type the Insert Image button will not display.
This article applies to the following user roles: