- Invite others to collaborate on a draft or pending policy
During a policy review, Approvers, Area Managers, Document Owners, and even Site Administrators can add comments and discuss pending policies before they complete the Approval Workflow and become active.
Users without these permissions (e.g. - Subject Matter Experts) may need to provide input, but without being added to the workflow, which can impact a large number of policies. These users can easily review and discuss the policy using PolicyStat's Collaboration Commenting feature.
Invited collaborators can only view a policy. They will not be able to modify the content or properties, but can view existing comments, add new comments, and view the draft or pending version content.
Please note that comments made on a draft version will not transfer* to the pending version once a user starts the approval workflow! Comments on a pending version will be visible on the Active version, but comments made on draft will not be visible on the active version.
* A new feature is rolling out that will allow comments on Drafts to be saved through versions. If you would like this feature enabled, please contact support.
- Log into PolicyStat.
- Locate and open the pending policy requiring attention.
- Scroll to the bottom of the policy and enter comments in the box titled "Leave a comment" (1).
- Invite new external commenters to join a pending policy through one of two methods:
a) Invite a specific user (or user group) using the Invite a user or group area (2).
b) Direct the comment at a comment a specific user through an @Mention (3).
Simply type the @ symbol, then start typing their name. When the name appears
press the Tab key (not the Enter key) to select their name, and continue typing.
- Click the Add Comment button (4).
- Anyone involved with the policy (including the newly invited collaborators) who have not already approved the policy will receive notification of the comments (5).
- Comments become part of the policy history. Edits can be made for up to 10 minutes after they are added before they become permanent. To edit comments, click the pencil icon (6).
Invited collaborators are able to view and comment on a pending (or draft) version of a policy until it completes the approval process and becomes active. If the active policy moves back into a draft or pending format, previously invited collaborators would need to be re-invited.
If a policy is still in the draft phase, users with access to view and edit the draft (Owner , Approvers, Area Editors, Area Managers, Site Admins) can use the commenting feature to discuss the draft version. Collaborators will not, by default, be able to see these comments.
However, collaborators can be invited to view the draft version of a policy before it pends for approval. They will not be able to modify the content or properties, but can view existing comments, add new comments, and view the draft content.
Note that comments made on a draft do not carry over to the pending or active version of the policy.
This article applies to the following user roles: