All documents in PolicyStat are web pages. Therefore, linking two policies in PolicyStat is as easy as copy, highlight, hyperlink, and paste.
To find out more, click below to view a step-by-step interactive tutorial.
Link to a Policy from Within Another Policy (01:25)
NOTE: Viewing the tutorial requires Adobe Flash Player. For assistance, please contact your IT department.
Linking to a policy from within another policy:
- Locate and open both policies in separate tabs by right-clicking each policy's title and clicking Open in New Tab.
- Select the existing, active policy to be referred to, or add as a reference.
- Click to highlight the policy's URL (or web address)
- (e.g.- https://yoursite.policystat.com/policy/123456/latest/)
Each new version of a policy is assigned a new PolicyStat ID number. Having "/latest" at the end of the URL ensures the address will always redirect to the latest approved and active version of the policy.
- Right click the URL and select copy or press Ctrl+C on your keyboard.
- Return to the tab of the original policy you are editing. (NOTE: Ensure the original policy is open as a draft or in Edit mode.
- Inside the Editor, find and highlight the word or words to be made a link (1).
- Click the hyperlink symbol (2) in the Editor toolbar
- Another window will pop up.
- Right click the URL area and click Paste or press Ctrl+V to insert the URL.
- If desired, add a Title (1). The title will appear if any end users rollover the link, and should name the policy (or other web page) the user will be visiting.
- Click Submit (2).
- Click the Preview button at the bottom of the policy
- Click to test the link in the Preview window to verify it worked.
Removing a hyperlink
- Highlight the hyperlinked text.
- Click on the Unlink symbol located just to the right of the hyperlink symbol.
- The link has been removed.
This article applies to the following user roles: