- Share policies, attachments, or search results with someone that doesn't have an account
Sharing policies with others who do not have access to PolicyStat can be beneficial. Links can be placed on intranet pages or desktop shortcuts.
Sharing or linking to the main policy hyperlink stored in the browser's address bar requires a PolicyStat account to access. Site Administrators can instead generate a Guest Access Link to allow views of a policy or search results without the need to log in.
NOTE: Owners, Area Editors, and Area Managers can also generate Read-Only Sharing Access links. For more on that process, see this article. For more about the difference between the two, see below or click here.
Guest Access Link specific to a Policy:
- Log in to your Site Administrator account.
- Search for and view the policy you wish to link.
- At the bottom of the policy, below the content, find the Guest Access Link.
- Copy and paste that link to your desired location.*
*Note: Anyone who uses it will automatically be logged in as a guest user with read-only access and they will be taken directly to the policy. They will also have read-only access to all of PolicyStat.
To generate a Read-Only Access Link that grants access to only the policy, see this article.
Guest Access Link for an Attachment:
- For policy attachments, such as a PDF or DOC, use the Guest Access Link to the attachment's parent policy and not the URL for the attachment.
- URLs for attachments will expire automatically every 30 days for security purposes, but Guest Access Links do not expire unless the site administrator changes the security token.
Guest Access vs. Read-Only Sharing Access
A Guest Access Link and a Read-Only Sharing Access link both provide an end user the ability to view the content of a policy. The primary difference is that a Guest Access link provides the user to be able to search for and view policies across PolicyStat (Figure 1).
With a Read-Only Sharing link, the end user is limited to only the policy content. They do not have the ability to search for and explore any other policy's content else on the PolicyStat site.
For more information about how to create a Read-Only Sharing link, see this article.
Site Administrators may need to share filtered search results from our Title, Owner, Area, or Reference Tag searches with others via Guest Access link.
To do so, users with Site Administrator level access can:
- Complete a filtered search to display the desired results.
- Click the link icon next to the header.
- The guest access link is copied to your computer's clipboard and can be pasted anywhere it is desired (e.g. - Intranet sites, Word documents, etc.).
This article applies to the following user roles: