For PolicyStat clients with multiple facilities as part of a network, one facility may want to share the content of an existing policy with another.
Possible solutions may be to make the policy applicable to all facilities in the network or to copy and paste all text into an email or Word doc and send it to the other facility.
The Clone feature in PolicyStat allows facilities to share and transfer the content of a policy without the need to ever leave PolicyStat.
Clone a Policy (01:15)
NOTE: Viewing the tutorial requires Adobe Flash Player. For assistance, please contact your IT department.
Clone a Policy
PLEASE NOTE: Cloning an existing policy to a new location requires user permissions to create a new policy on the destination site.
Locate the existing policy
- From the Change Location drop-down menu (top left of the PolicyStat window) select the location where the existing policy that is being copied is located.
- On the site featuring the existing policy locate and open the policy to be copied.
- Click the Clone link in the list of options on the top right of the policy.
- From the corresponding pop-up, click the desired destination.
- The policy content is now cloned and created in the new destination as a draft.
- Saving the draft requires a Title (1), Owner (2), Area (3), and Approval Workflow to be assigned.
This article applies to the following user roles: