- To understand how to duplicate a policy into another site as a draft
- PolicyStat systems with multiple sites
For PolicyStat clients with multiple facilities as part of a system or network, one facility may want to share the content of an existing policy with another.
Possible solutions may be to make the policy applicable to all facilities in the network or to copy and paste all text into an email or Word doc and send it to the other facility.
The Clone feature in PolicyStat allows facilities to share and transfer the content of a policy without the need to ever leave PolicyStat.
NOTE: You must have edit permissions in the policy area you are cloning the document into. Without edit permissions the target site will not be an option to select.
Clone a Policy (01:15)
Clone a Policy
Note: Cloning an existing policy to a new location requires user permissions to create a new policy on the destination site.
Cloning creates a duplicate copy in draft and will completely disconnect and sever the new draft from the previous version history and it will not be connected to the original document. The clone will be a new and independent document. No property settings are copied over when cloning.
- From the Change Location drop-down menu (top left of the PolicyStat window) select the location where the existing policy that is being copied is located.
- On the site featuring the existing policy locate and open the policy to be copied.
- Click the Clone link in the list of options on the top right of the policy.
- From the corresponding pop-up, click the desired destination. Selecting your own site will create the duplicate draft within your site.
- Once the site is selected, the policy content is now cloned and created in the new destination as a draft.
- Saving the draft requires a Title (1), Owner (2), Area (3), and Approval Workflow (4) to be assigned.
- Modify the title to remove "Copy of" and change the title and content in any other way as needed.
- When ready, Start the document into the Approval Process.
This article applies to the following user roles: