PolicyStat headers contain valuable information prior to viewing the procedural content.
The information contained within this sample header is explained below.
Some sites may not feature the Scheduled Effective Date or not feature Applicability settings. Please note that some terminology (Policy, Area, etc.) may vary from your site, but the concepts are universal.
Standard PolicyStat Header
- Current Status: The status of this policy is Active. Other potential status options include Draft, Pending, and Retired.
- Logo: The logo should reflect the logo of the facility to which the policy applies to.
- PolicyStat ID: This unique identifier is specific to this policy and is primarily used as an internal identifier in PolicyStat. This identifier also appears as part of the URL for this policy.
- Origination Date: The date the policy (policy, procedure, etc.) first became effective (or active) within the facility. This can and often is well before joining PolicyStat.
- Effective Date: The date on which a policy became effective and active. This may vary from the last Approved date if an effective period or date was selected past approval.
NOTE: The Scheduled Effective Date feature may not be enabled for all sites and this field may not be present.
- Last Approved: The last date the policy completed the approval process.
- Last Revised: The last date a revision was made to the actual content of the policy. This may coincide with the last approval, but may not if it has completed a subsequent review was completed without any revisions made. Changes in the properties, including attachments, do not constitute a change and will update the Last Revised Date.
If correcting a minor content change on an Active policy by an Administrative Override, the Last Revised Date will not change.
- Next Review: The next date where a review of the policy is required.
- Owner: This is the individual who is assigned responsibility for this specific policy. This can be the original author or another user.
- Area: Area represents a category of similar policies within PolicyStat. Each policy must be assigned an Area. This could be known locally as Policy Area, Department, Category, or another term.
- Reference Tag: Reference Tags are additional categories or identifiers that can be applied to a policy to better organize them with similar policies. Reference Tags are optional.
- Applicability: Some PolicyStat clients are part of large multi-facility networks, and not all policies will be applicable to all facilities. This identifier displays which facilit(ies) the policy is applicable to. The Applicability setting is optional as not all clients are part of networks.
- Policy Title: This is the title of the policy. If a policy is restricted (removed from general user view), a padlock icon will also appear next to the name of the policy.
Scheduled Effective Date Policy Header
When the Scheduled Effective Date feature is enabled, the header will display both an Origination date (1) and an Effective date (2). The Origination Date is defined as the first version's effective date.
The Origination Date is defined as the first version's effective date. The Effective date is that the most recent version of the policy became effective (or active). For more on the Scheduled Effective Date feature, see this article.
For newly created policies, the Origination date will match the Effective date. When the policy completes its next review, the Effective date will change, and the Origination date will remain the same.
NOTE: The Origination label is configurable and can be adjusted by a Site Administrator under the Policy Layout configuration setting in the Admin menu. For more, see this article.
This article applies to the following user roles: