- To understand how to create a new policy.
Before getting started, ensure creating a completely new policy is the best course of action. If an existing policy mostly meets your needs, try editing the existing policy instead.
- Start from the Home tab on your PolicyStat site
- Click New Policy under the Policy Management section (far right column):
- Choose the appropriate corresponding template (IF APPLICABLE)
- Ensure the new document contains the following to save as a draft:
- A title (Policy Content tab)
- An Owner (Policy Properties tab)
- An Area (Policy Properties tab)
- An Approval Workflow (Policy Properties tab)
- A Next Review Period (Policy Properties tab) if it did not populate when selecting the Area
- Start the Approval Workflow when you are satisfied with the contents of the draft
If you need to link a newly created draft document from another document be sure to capture the correct URL (website address).
We strongly recommend against linking to drafts from other documents.
When a document is brand new it has a template ID as part of the address. This will not be the correct address. Be sure to close the draft document and reopen it to reveal the correct address. The address should resemble this https://yoursite.policystat.com/policy/123456/edit/?continue_draft=true
When copying the hyperlink from the browser address line be sure to append and add "/latest" to the end of the URL to ensure the address will always redirect to the latest approved and active version of the policy. A correct URL will resemble this: https://yoursite.policystat.com/policy/123456/latest/
For more information see this article for inserting a hyperlink into a document.
This article applies to the following user roles: