- To understand how to create a new policy.
Before getting started, ensure creating a completely new policy is the best course of action. If an existing policy mostly meets your needs, try editing the existing policy instead.
Create a New Policy (02:46)
1) Start from the Home tab on your PolicyStat site
2) Click New Policy under the Policy Management section (far right column):
3) Choose the appropriate corresponding template (IF APPLICABLE)
4) Ensure the new document contains the following to save as a draft:
- A title (Policy Content tab)
- An Owner (Policy Properties tab)
- An Area (Policy Properties tab)
- An Approval Workflow (Policy Properties tab)
- A Next Review Period (Policy Properties tab) if it did not populate when selecting the Area
1) Start from the Home tab on your PolicyStat site.
2) Click Upload button under the Policy Management section (far right column):
3) On the following page, click Browse to locate and select the Word document.
With the proper file selected, click Create from upload to convert and import the document into the PolicyStat Editor.
This article applies to the following user roles: