- To understand how to create a new policy.
Before getting started, ensure creating a completely new policy is the best course of action. If an existing policy mostly meets your needs, try editing the existing policy instead.
Create a New Policy (02:46)
1) Start from the Home tab on your PolicyStat site
2) Click New Policy under the Policy Management section (far right column):
3) Choose the appropriate corresponding template (IF APPLICABLE)
4) Ensure the new document contains the following to save as a draft:
- A title (Policy Content tab)
- An Owner (Policy Properties tab)
- An Area (Policy Properties tab)
- An Approval Workflow (Policy Properties tab)
- A Next Review Period (Policy Properties tab) if it did not populate when selecting the Area
5) Start the Approval Workflow when you are satisfied with the contents of the draft
If you need to link a newly created draft document from another document be sure to capture the correct URL (website address).
We strongly recommend against linking to drafts from other documents.
When a document is brand new it has a template ID as part of the address. This will not be the correct address. Be sure to close the draft document and reopen it to reveal the correct address. The address should resemble this https://yoursite.policystat.com/policy/123456/edit/?continue_draft=true
When copying the hyperlink from the browser address line be sure to append and add "/latest" to the end of the URL to ensure the address will always redirect to the latest approved and active version of the policy. A correct URL will resemble this: https://yoursite.policystat.com/policy/123456/latest/
For more information see this article for inserting a hyperlink into a document.
Creating policies from Microsoft Word documents is not considered best practice and the PolicyStat Editor should always be used instead. Learn how to disable this option on your site in this article.
1) Start from the Home tab on your PolicyStat site.
2) Click Upload button under the Policy Management section (far right column):
3) On the following page, click Browse to locate and select the Word document.
With the proper file selected, click Create from upload to convert and import the document into the PolicyStat Editor.
This article applies to the following user roles: