- Change the Owner of a policy
When creating a new policy, the user who creates the new draft is assigned as the Owner by default.
If the assigned owner is not the original creator or if the Owner would need to change for any reason, this can be modified under the Properties menu.
A few quick items to note:
- Owners, Approvers, Area Editors, Area Managers, and Site Administrators can modify properties.
- Modifying Properties requires a restart of the Approval Workflow.
- Site Administrators can modify this or other properties without restarting the workflow via an Administrative Override or a Bulk Admin Override but the change will not fully take effect until the workflow is restarted.
- Only one user may own a policy but multiple users may edit and collaborate on a policy.
Change Assigned Owner (00:50)
- Open the Draft version of a policy by clicking the Edit button from the blue bar of an Active or Pending version.
- Clicking Edit from the list of available Draft policies.
- Select the Properties menu from the Draft version view.
- Within the Owner box, enter the name of the new owner.
- Provide a Summary of the Changes (1) and Start (or restart) the Approval process (2).
This article applies to the following user roles: