- To understand the Site Configuration menu
- PolicyStat Admin Tab
The Site Configuration menu provides Site Administrators the ability to modify terminology and other content across the site. This is typically established during the implementation process, but it can be helpful to understand the content in the event it needs to be modified.
The first tab lists labels and terminology to be applied across the product. The default terminology is Policy, Area, and Guest, but this can be modified to suit local preferences. Common alternatives are "department", "document", "patient", and so on.
Changes made to these terms will reflect anywhere across your site the label is utilized.
By default, the welcome page of PolicyStat displays only a listing of New and Recently Revised Policies.
Additional content can be added to the welcome page to provide messages to users and staff, including contact information for Site Administrators.
To populate this content, check the box (1) and enter content to appear on the Welcome page (2). Please note that content should be written using HTML formatting. For more information on how to write using HTML, please see this article or we also recommend the free W3Schools.org HTML Basics page.
You can also use and online editor tool such as https://html-online.com/editor/ to generate the formatted text. That will create the HTML that you can copy/paste into the Welcome Content window in PolicyStat.
While not required, if users have questions regarding an automated email they receive from PolicyStat, it can be helpful to route specific questions to a Site Administrator or other party local to your facility. If desired, enter that email address here.
Organizations may also want to consider setting up a group email address and include those that are administrators so they are all notified if a user replies back to one of the automatically generated emails from PolicyStat.
If no email is in the field the default is email@example.com. If a user does reply to that address a support ticket will be automatically created.
The "Other" category contains a number of different options.
Automatic guest login allows any user access to your PolicyStat site and content without the need to provide a login. As long as they know your URL, (e.g. - http://yoursite.policystat.com) they can view all of your content.
As an alternative, consider using a Site-Wide Read-Only Access link. This link can be provided from a local Intranet site or other location to allow guest access but utilizes additional security measures. For more on this feature, see this article.
- If your site utilizes Smart Groups, this can be enabled or disabled here. Smart Groups are typically established during implementation. If you want an automatically created and maintained user group containing all users in your site. As users are added or deactivated in PolicyStat they will be added or removed from the All Users group. It may take up to 48 hours to see the changes in the groups if users are added or deactivated.
- Do Not Enable this function unless your site is part of a network of interconnected sites and have an additional site dedicated just for this purpose. This allows searching across your entire library of all sites, regardless of applicability. Depending on the number of sites and the level of variance across all sites, this may prove confusing for some users so please use caution when enabling this feature. Having a site dedicated for this purpose can prove very helpful when trying to locate documents that are similar in your sites or when trying to more quickly determine the location of a particular document when you are not sure which sites have that document.
- If there are specific medical terms or other local terminology you would like to ensure do not get flagged as misspelled within the PolicyStat Editor, enter them here.
- PolicyStat allows users with Area Editor permissions (or above) to create new content with Word, and any users granted Editor access to export their content to Microsoft Word and reimport it back into PolicyStat. If you would like to remove this option for your users, de-select this checkbox.
This article applies to the following user roles: