- Understand how to simulate an approval
You can use an approval simulation to add an approval signature and date of approval to a policy. For example, if you need a subject matter expert to approve a policy but do not want to add them to the approval workflow, you can use an approval simulation to add their approval to the policy.
- You can only add one approver at a time. For multiple approvers, repeat the process.
- The added approver will not appear in the approval workflow.
- You can perform an approval simulation at any point in the approval process, whether the document is active or pending.
- Please note that no notifications are sent when an override has been completed.
- To simulate an approval, click the Override link in the bar on the top right of the policy. NOTE: This is visible for Site Administrators only.
- Click the Approval Simulation tab. NOTE: This is only visible during an override.
- Enter the name of the Approver (1) and the date they provided their approval (2).
- Describe the changes made (3) and click the Override the Policy button (4).
To advance approval workflows that need approval from other people, set yourself as their proxy in the Edit Account Details page and perform the actual approval while logged in as their proxy.
This article applies to the following user roles: