- To understand Approval Simulations
- To understand how to Simulate an Approval
Approval simulations can be used to add an approval signature to a policy. For example, if you want to note that a subject matter expert approves of a certain policy, but you do not want them to be a part of the approval workflow, you can use approval simulations to add their approval to the history.
- The process can only be used to add one approver at a time. For multiple approvers, repeat the process.
- This process is adding a new approver, and does not advance an Approval Workflow. To advance a Workflow, log in as a proxy for any existing members who have not approved on the current step and mark the approval on their behalf.
- Approval simulations can be added at any point in the approval process, whether the document is active or pending.
- Please note that no notifications are sent when an override has been completed.
- To simulate an approval, click the Override link in the bar on the top right of the policy. NOTE: This is visible for Site Admins only.
- Click the Approval Simulation tab. NOTE: This is only visible during an override.
- Enter the name of the Approver (1) and the date they provided their approval (2).
- Describe the changes made (3) and click the Override the Policy button (4).
This article applies to the following user roles: